Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 203: Insanity

Daily Blog Challenge Day 203/365

My college softball coach used to always say "It is insane to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result."  I feel like I have been acting insane lately.  I have tried many different strategies, but none seem to work.  My classroom setup was causing some issues (sitting in chairs, hiding behind things) so I removed all of the tables, chairs, benches and relocated items that could be hid behind.  I know this will not be a magic pill, but I hope that it will help with some of the issues.

It may be highly frustrating, but I am being forced to reconsider many parts of my teaching.  That is the positive side of a challenging class.  My goal is to not act insane anymore.  Thanks to my PLN (both in person and on Twitter) I am full of even more ideas.  Change can be a good thing and it is necessary in order for me to change and grow.

What do you do when things are not working?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment