Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 190: You Will Receive

Daily Blog Challenge Day 190/365

Tonight I spent almost two hours on the phone with my little sister. She called to ask me a question which led to a long conversation. My sister can be a talkative person but she can also be very quiet, so I soak up the opportunities when she wants to talk.

Part of me wanted to watch TV with my husband, but I could tell that she needed to talk so I stayed on the phone with her. Turns out she is not the only one who needed the conversation. One trait I love about my sister is her sense of humor. She is hilarious. She can turn a simple story into a comedic routine. My favorite quote tonight was her telling me how she feels old (she is 8 years younger than I am) because she has to stretch before and after she runs.

I started talking to her tonight out of a sense of duty and responsibility, but I received a great gift too. Laughter is great medicine and although I answered the phone in a grumpy moody, I ended it feeling light and happy.

Sometimes we need to forget what we need and focus on being a servant for others. Our focus may be on others, but they are not the only ones who receive something. We will walk away from the experience in a better mood and in a better place.

How can you be a servant for others?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment