Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Would You Encourge?

How would you respond if a high school senior told you they planned on going into education? How would you respond of a high school senior told you they wanted to go into music education?

Sadly, I cannot say that I would encourge either decision. Don't get me wrong, I am passionate about my profession and I have no idea what I would do if I did not teach, but this lifestyle is not one I can positivly reccomend.  Yes, I believe being a teacher is a lifestyle. It's a life of always thinking about your students ahead of many other things. It's spending hours of "free time" thinking about and working on school projects. Being a teacher becomes who you are, not just what you do.

I believe in the education system and I know the success of our country depends on educating our future, but our field is not one for the weak of heart. Expect many sleepless nights and high stress. If you can endure the negatives, the positives can be numerous and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment