Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chorus Repertoire

Today was our last 5th/6th Chorus rehearsal of the year, so I had my students reflect on our year and then we picked out music for next year. I am working on building my 5th/6th grade chorus, so I am trying my best to build interest.  My goal is to balance traditional choir selections with popular selections (which my students are interested in).  I feel like singing popular music breaks an unwritten rule of teaching choir, but I also realize that students need to be interested in the material in order for them to work on it. These are the songs my students have selected. 

They Really Liked
1. Keep Your Lamps-This group loves Spirituals. Shut De Do is another favorite. 
2. The Climb-Miley Cyrus
3. Never There-Cake
4. Zum Gali Gali
5. When Can I See You Again?-Owl City

These Are OK
1. Ching A Ring
2. For Good-Wicked
3. May It Be-Enya
4. Africa-Toto


No comments:

Post a Comment