Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Reading Challenge

I recently saw a link on Twitter about the "Book A Day Challenge."  I was immediately intrigued by the name and decided to read more about it.  The corresponding blog post explained how many teachers are challenging themselves this summer to read a book a day.  I love to read and one of my favorite things about summer is that it allows me more time to read.  I have decided to partake in this challenge.  It is really just an excuse I now have to explain why I am reading so much this summer.

I am going to start my challenge on Saturday, June 1st.  I plan on reading a variety of material: books for fun (James Patterson, Tess Gerritsen, Nicholas Sparks, JD Robb, Iris Johanson, Janet Evanovich and Deb Macomber are some of my favorite authors), children's literature (searching for possibilities to add to my classroom library), autobiographies, biographies and non-fiction (music, running, coaching and teaching.)

Anyone else filling their summer with reading or have any book suggestions?  I cannot wait to begin filling my summer days with hours of reading. It is going to be a great three months!

Here is the list of the books I have read so far this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I suggest Teach Like a Pirate for teaching/coaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie! It is on my list.

    ReplyDelete