Monday, May 20, 2013

Student Reflection Cards

I decided to step out on a limb and try something new this year. I have read a lot of articles lately about having students complete reflection forms at the end of the year.  It serves as a way to have students reflect on the year, while also giving feedback to their teacher. 

I gave all of my students in third and fourth grades a notecard and I wrote the four questions on the board. 

1. Favorite thing
2. Least favorite thing
3. Something we should spend more time on 
4. Advice for Mrs. Wren

I am always striving to improve my teaching, my lessons and our classroom. These cards have given me important information from my students on how to make things better.  I use recorder karate in fourth grade and one of the students recommended rearranging the room so they could see the karate board better. He would like to be babble o write his own name once he accomplishes a belt. So far I have leaned a lot about what my students like and don't like about my class/room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment