Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 81: Twitter Exile

Daily Blog Challenge Day 81/365

Lately, I find myself not spending a lot of time on Twitter (this also includes reading blogs and listening to Podcasts).  I can't explain all of it, but a lot of it just comes from being exhausted.  I think these times happen and sometimes it is ok to take a step away from something for a while.  I enjoy Twitter for many reasons: it is a great learning tool and I have created many relationships with fellow educators through this platform.

Have you taken a technology exile before?  What did you learn from this experience?

I find myself without the energy or motivation to interact through Twitter as much as I used to and although I miss the interactions, I think the time away has been good for self reflection.  This is the first time I have really toned down my use of technology, after being someone that used it often.  The positive side of this self induced exile has been my focus on face to face conversations and relationships.

Sometimes you have to take a step away in order to fully embrace the positives of a tool or activity.  Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment