Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 78: My Journey to Becoming a Teacher

Daily Blog Challenge Day 78/365

In sixth grade I wrote in my "About Me" project that I would never become a teacher unless I completely lost my mind. Well apparently when I went to college, I lost my mind because I decided to become a teacher.

I have been blessed to have many great teachers throughout my time as a student.  All of my teachers have had an impact on me; some positive, some negative and some neutral.  On one hand I never wanted other students to experience some of what I did as a student/athlete and on the other hand, I wanted to give back and try to influence my students like some of my teachers did.  It is an amazing challenge, but our children deserve it.

Even at the end of frustrating days, I still feel a passion (although sometimes burning softly) for teaching. At the end of the day, teaching is what I feel called to do. This belief is what carries me through the good days and the bad days.

I would love to hear what made you decide to go into teaching. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment