Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 73: Technology As A Tool

Daily Blog Challenge Day 73/365

Technology Tuesday

One thing that drives me crazy about technology is that I see/hear about many schools purchasing more technology, but it seems as though they more concerned about having it than how they use it.  How we as educators use technology in our classrooms should be far more important than which technologies we have and how much we have in our classroom.

How do you ensure that you are using technology for the right reasons?

Technology can be a great tool to engage our students and we are fortunate to have many options available to us (many programs and apps are even free).

I realize after this semester that I need to do a better job of using technology to have my students create content.  Many of my students have iPads or computers at home and I am looking into ways of expanding our lessons with the technology my students already have (it would not be required).

Programs/Apps To Learn More About (To Use In Elementary Music)
1. Class Badges
2. Kidblog
3. ABRSM Theory and Aural Skills Apps
4. Augmented Reality
5. Rhythm Training 
6. Young Persons Guide To The Orchestra
7. Blog Chorus

What apps or programs would you recommend? Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment