Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1: Let The Blogging Begin!

My 365 Blog Challenge:  Day 1/365

What began as a random conversation ended up creating a blogging support group for educators. We have all committed to slightly different lengths of time, but we all aim to write one blog everyday. Originally, I was only going to commit to one month; but I have decided to challenge myself to writing every for a year.  I have never been very good at handling peer pressure.  I also realized that the expectation of blogging everyday does not mean that every post is going to be award winning (honestly, it is crazy to have that goal to begin with).  I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I am trying to focus on being process driven, instead of worrying about the outcome.  The goals are to write everyday, reflect on my experiences as a teacher/person and to grow from these experiences.

I have kept a journal off and on for three years and I started blogging a year ago.  I have not been very consistent with either venture and I hope that this challenge will push me to write everyday.  Writing forces me to put my feelings into coherent thoughts.  I have found it to be a great way to deal with stress and frustration.

Through this journey, I am going to focus on the process of writing and not the possible outcomes.  I invite you to follow along with our challenge.  Our Twitter hash tag is #EdBDaily.  I would also invite you to think about joining our Blogging Support Group for Educators.  If a year seems too daunting, you can commit to any length of time.

In the end, it is the process of writing that produces results.  The amount of readers and tweets may make us feel good, but that in itself does not impact how much we learn from the experience of writing and reflecting.

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment