Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 28: Progress Reports for Elementary Music

My Daily Blog Challenge: 28/365

As I have wrote about many times on this blog, I struggle with grading.  The band director I work with uses a progress report for her beginner band students.  I really like the idea and I would like to incorporate it into my elementary program.  My focus this year is less on grades (I don't believe they really show anything) and I am trying to get my students to reflect more on their learning journey.  I want them to focus less on the results and more on the journey, which is where all the fun happens anyways.  Our focus this year is on our Learning Journey Assessment Scale (I found this idea of Pinterest and I take no credit for its creation.)



I created this progress report and I would like to use it with my students in grades 2nd-4th.  I would like to do a similar report for my kindergarteners, but I have not worked out all the details yet.  I think it will include different standards (worded more kid friendly) and students will mark with smiley faces.  Here is the one I created for 2nd-4th.  I would appreciate any feedback/thoughts or comments.

Do you use a progress report in your class?  I would love to see other examples and ideas of what you are using in your classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment