Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 18: My Philosophy

My 365 Blog Challenge:  Day 18/365

I see and hear about many practices in education.  In the end, I cannot fix the world, but I can fix my classroom.  I am going to try to live the words I often tell my students and worry about myself, for that is the one thing I have control over.  I am five weeks into the 2013-2014 school year and here is the philosophy I hope to live everyday as a teacher. 

1.  I will expect great things from my students.
2.  I will set high expectations for my students.
3.  I will build positive relationships with my students.
4.  I will use kinds words and a gentle tone.
5.  I will be organized and ready to go.
6.  I will not use grades or prizes to bribe my students for proper behavior.
7.  I will take the time to talk and interact with all of my students.
8.  I will focus on 1:1 time with my students, so I can really see how they are doing.
9.  I will give self reflection time using our chart:  Novice, Apprentice, Practitioner and Expert.
10.  I will assess my students based on where they are on their learning journey for specific standards using our chart: Novice, Apprentice, Practitioner and Expert.
11.  I will stay positive and have fun!
12.  I will greet my students at the door with a smile/a high five/kind word.
13.  I will not let the frustrations of a previous class impact my ability to teach the class that is in my room.
14.  I will continue to look for ideas that will help me be a better teacher.
15.  I get the honor and privilege to be a teacher and I will not take this responsibility lightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment