Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 20 : Five Week Reflection

My 365 Blog Challenge:  Day 20/365

Monday will begin my six week of school for the 2013-2014 school year. I believe it is important to reflect on my teaching as the days, weeks and month go by.  It is easier for me to see progress if I reflect after shorter amounts of time. Things come and go, so I may do something well for a week or so and struggle with it later.  I am trying to build in self reflection time for my students and myself this year. 

Positives after five weeks
1. Meeting me students at the door and welcoming them to music class with a high five and smile. 
2. Including 1:1 assessment time. 
3. Allowing redos. 
4. Assessing based on where they are on their mastery journey. 
5. Including a variety of activities. 


Things I need to work on1. Giving clear directions during work time. 
2. Getting frustrated with my students. 
3. Walking around more during chorus (not being tied to the piano). 
4. Dealing with student refusal in a better way. 
5. Explaining our self assessment tool better. 
6. Including more student reflection and including mental training.

What positives have you experienced so far this year? What areas do you feel you need to work on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment