Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 12: What's Your Passion Project?

My passion is making music and getting my students to make music.  The concept is easy, but making sure I create an environment for my students to complete this task is not always something I do well.  I find it a lot easier to do this in a the older grades, but I want to start adding more opportunities at the primary level too.  The moments when we jam and things groove are amazing! I don't think there is anything better that can happen in the course of my day.

As we reach the end of the school year I am focused on giving my students as many opportunities to create music (more than just playing bourduns and glissandos.)

Music my students are creating right now...
4th Grade - Crazy Train:  Xylophones, Boomwhackers, Hand Drums and Drum Set.

4th Grade - Happy: Recorder, Shaker and Xylophones.

2nd Grade - Great Big House: Xylophones and Hand Drums

No comments:

Post a Comment