Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 72: Veteran's Day Music (Material Monday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 72/365

Material Monday


My Elementary School puts on a Veteran's Day Program every year. This is one of my favorite traditions of my current school. K-2 sings one song together and the 3rd/4th graders lead the Star Spangled Banner. Last year K-2 sang "My Country Tis of Thee" and this year they sang "Grand Old Flag."


The Physical Education teacher I work with found a ribbon routine (on K-12 PE) to the song "God Bless the USA." We co-taught this dance to the fourth graders. It was a learning experience for me and it makes me want to do more ribbon dance activities in my classroom. It was a great way to reinforce form, steady beat and other music concepts.


What activities do you use to teach about Veteran's Day? Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment