Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 63: Thirty Days of Thankfulness

Daily Blog Challenge Day 63/365

I keep seeing posts on Facebook and Twitter about taking time in November to be thankful. Even in the midst of frustration, I realize that I am a truly blessed person for a multitude of reasons. My hope is to remind myself of these reasons over the course of the next month. I think it will be a great way to lead into the Christmas season. 

30 Days of Thankfulness
11/1:  My husband Fred- He is understanding with me when I spend extra hours at school, he supports and encourages me. He has to deal with all my issues and I am blessed to have his support and friendship.

11/2:  My Faith- My faith keeps me grounded and focused on true importance. It is a point of balance and support in my life. 

11/3:  Creation- The fall colors are in full bloom in Illinois and today I was reminded about the beauty of the world we live in.  We all live busy lives, but we cannot forget to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

11/4:  The ability to teach- I have been blessed throughout my time as a student to have wonderful teachers who encouraged me to be my best.  Having these people in my corner led me to successes and enabled me to achieve more than I thought possible.

11/5:  The ability to coach- I believe that music and athletics have the ability to teach and instill life lessons, which are vital for later success.

11/6:  My family- I am blessed to be surrounded by a loving family.

11/7:  My friends-  I may not see them often, but I know they always have my back and we are always there for each other.

11/8:  Alaska-  The opportunity to live in Alaska for two years still impacts my daily life and it is an experience I will not soon forget.

11/9:  Athletics-  Sports have always been a way for me to release stress.  They help me stay in shape and keep mentally focused.

11/10:  Music-  Music has enabled me to express my creativity and has taught me numerous life skills.

11/11:  Reading-  The ability to read is truly a magical thing.

11/12:  Job-  I am able to play my bills and find fulfillment in what I get to do for hours every workday.

11/13:  Instruments-  I love the ability to loose my frustrations when I focusing on playing an instrument.

11/14:  Clean water- It is easy to forget how fortunate I am to live in a country with easy access to clean drinking water.

11/15:  My PLN (both from Twitter and in person)-They help me stay motivated, listen to my frustrations and help me stay focused in the classroom.

11/16:  Working in a district that does not block websites (unless they are clearly not for school).

11/17:   Being around Children-  They have a curiosity and excitement that we often loose as we grow up.

11/18:  Electricity- We lost power today during school for a few minutes.  It is easy to forget how much electricity influences our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment