Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 66: Remind 101 (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 66/365

Technology Tuesday

One of my favorite apps is Remind 101.  I use it as a coach and it makes communicating with parents super easy!  If I had a band/choir that performed more, I can see this app being a wonderful tool to send out reminders to students/parents.

This summer I coached 7th/8th Grade Softball.  We rarely had practice, so I relied on texting to remind parents of games.  My phone only allows me to group text ten people, so I was forced to send out two texts every time.  Also, group texts use date instead of regular text messages, so I was always reaching my data limit on my phone.

This year when Boy's Basketball started, I setup a Boy's Basketball Group on Remind 101 (have the app on my phone and my iPad) and I included  the number for parents to join on all handouts for the first two weeks of practice.  My favorite thing about this app is that I can have up to 100 people in one group and it sends the message to all people in the group.  This way mom, dad and grandma/grandpa can sign up for the reminders and I don't have to send multiple messages.

I have heard of teachers who use this app to send out pictures from field trips.  There are endless ways to use this app.

How do you use Remind 101 in your classroom or while coaching?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment