Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 65: Christmas Concert (Material Monday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 65/365

Material Monday


My Elementary School performs a Christmas Program every year.  This year I am trying something new and doing just a Concert instead of a Program with speaking parts.  I am going to include a musical during 4th grade at the end of the year, so they can still have a speaking experience.  Alternating between a Program and a Concert adds variety to this event and it allows me more freedom when choosing music.  I try to balance Christmas, Winter and other songs.  Many of the songs came from past John Jacobson's Magazines that my school has in files and our curriculum books.


Music Selection for 2013



Kindergarten
1.  Must be Santa
2.


1st Grade
1.  This little Light of Mine
2.  I Can’t Spell Hippopotamus

2nd Grade
1.  Joyous Hanukkah (Booms)
2.  Hot Chocolate

3rd Grade
1.  Winter Wonderland (Chimes)
2.  December Nights/ December Lights (has 2 parts)

4th Grade
1. 222T4 the Holidays (Recorder) *Music K-8
2.  Winter Fantasy (Orff)




No comments:

Post a Comment