Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 68: Your Passion

Daily Blog Challenge Day 68/365

After a short hiatus, I have started listening to the EduAllStars again and one of the last questions they all always ask their guests is what they are most passionate about in the field of education.

After listening to seventeen podcasts I finally stopped and took the time to think about what I am passionate about in education.  I brainstormed many things:  creating relationships with my students, coaching, technology, music education, social media in education and music/technology integration.

I soon realized that everything that interests me leads back to the first thing in my list: relationships.  We live in a world where many people do not always feel cared for or loved and I have come to the conclusion that students/people cannot be exposed to too much love (or caring.)  It is easy for the standards, curriculum, competition and all the extras of education to get in the way, but at the end of the day, for me the most important thing is having solid, positive relationships with my students.  When students are having a rough day in my class, one of my first questions is "You know I care about you right?"  I rarely have a students tell me no and my goal is that it happens less and less often the longer I am at my current school.

What are you most passionate about?  Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment