Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 67: The Crazy Cycle

Daily Blog Challenge Day 67/365

The Pastor at my church in Alaska gave me the book "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs as a wedding present.  Although it is about marriage, the greatest lesson I learned from reading this book was the concept of the Crazy Cycle.

As an elementary teacher I hear about the Crazy Cycle on a weekly basis.  The common answer to why did you  _____, is because s/he did it first.  You treated me poorly, so I will treat you poorly too.  This cycle goes on and one until one of the people stops it.  I see the crazy cycle with my students, but I also see it with coworkers (past and present.)  Stopping this cycle is a crucial skill for our students to learn.


How do you try to stop this cycle from occurring in your classroom or school?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment