Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 15: How Has Social Media Impacted Your Classroom?

Social Media has had a great impact on my classroom.  Personally, it has connected me with other teachers.  Through these connections I have learned about new programs, new materials and gained numerous ideas.

Professionally, it has connected my classroom with others.  It is opened the door of my small, rural Illinois classroom to those around the country and the globe.

My students have Skyped with a famous author and performed for other students.  Through these experiences they were able to learn from students outside of their immediate area.

I constantly tell my students that they need to thank Twitter for the lesson we about to begin.  Without Twitter I would not be the teacher that I am today.  The connections I have build on Twitter help me stay motivated, encourage me and help me learn new things.  Social Media has become an important tool in my classroom and for me as an educator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment