Friday, April 3, 2015

Music Madness


I am a big basketball fan and I love this time of year.  There are so many great basketball games on TV during March.  Completing brackets is a popular activity during this time of year and this year I decided to add a basketball themed activity to my elementary music classes.  My middle school students helped me create a list of songs. 

I tried to create a "region" that has a theme. Pop songs, Movie songs, Country songs and classroom songs.  During class I have each class vote.  Votes from round one have been counted and I was all of the winners won by at least 50 votes.

Round of 8
  Uptown Funk, Blank Spaces, You've Got a Friend, Hakuna Matata, Dirt, Take Me To Church, Chicken Dance and Favorite Things. 

Round of 4
Uptown Funk, Life is a Highway, Take Me to Church and Favorite Things

No comments:

Post a Comment