Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 30th: Make Time

One of my struggles as a "new" mom is balancing my time.  Reading, journaling, blogging, bible studying and running are all things that provide me time and allow me to find balance in life.  Since my daughter was born, I have struggled to find time for these things and this has brought frustration and stress to my life.

This weekend, as I was frustrated about the same things, I realized something important.  No one is going to make time for me to have my time.  I need to make time.  If I want to do something, I need to make time to do it.  If this means I need to ask my husband to take care of things around the house so I can have an hour for me, I need to do this (I can not wait or assume he will make this time for me.)

This was a powerful realization for me tonight and it helped me feel more balanced.  One step in the right direction was creating a running plan and picking out a race to run.  I am looking forward to running my second half marathon in September.  This race will give me something to work towards and training will help give my days a focus.

It is easy to fall into the trap that we do not have time, but at the end of the day we need to remember that we make time for what is important.  What is important to you?  What do you want to do?  How are you going to make time for that?  Who do you need help from?

Make a plan, ask for help, start working and enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment