Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 13: How is Literacy Critical to the Advancement of Society Today?

I see literacy as being vital to the advancement of our society and individuals.  Reading unlocks an unlimited amount of resources and information.  Through reading you can learn about people, skills, places and different times.  I may not be able to have a 1:1 meeting with a past President, Mother Teresa, Bill Gates or Michael Jordan, but I can learn about their life and choices they made through reading books by and about them.

I have heard it said many times that reading is a great indicator of future success.  Many (if not all) successful CEOs read everyday.

It breaks my heart when one of my students say they hate to read.  Reading is so powerful! You can read for fun and you can read to better yourself.  The opportunities have no limits.  

Reading has great impact and is vital for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment