Monday, February 11, 2013

Why I Teach Music

I teach music because....
-I want my students to learn an art form they can enjoy the rest of their lives.
-I want my students to understand that failure is ok and that through practice they learn new skills and concepts.
-I want my students who struggle with core subjects to have a room where they can feel successful.
-I want my students to feel the sense of accomplishment when they master a new skill.
-I want my students to experience the power that comes from collaborating with classmates and friends to make something magical.
-I want my students to learn that work ethic and perseverance can get them through any obstacle.
-I want my students to learn that nothing is impossible if they believe in themselves and work hard.
-I want my students to know that it is alright if things are not perfect.
-I want my students to learn that details matter.
-I want my students to know that they can always get better.
-I want my students to see the impact that choices and work ethic have on their life.
-I want my students to feel successful.
-I want my students to understand that life is not about passing tests.
-I want my students to understand that not everything that is important is on a test.
-I want my students to learn how to interpret body language.
-I want my students to learn a language that surpasses time and geographical location.
-I want my students to learn how to listen to themselves and those around them.
-I want my students to learn how to work as a team to achieve a common goal.
-I want my students to have a basic understanding of the music that surrounds them.
-I want my students to be well rounded and have an appreciation of many different areas.
-I want my kids to build their self esteem and confidence as an individual, a contributing part of a group and as a learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment