Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Impact

When it is all said and done, the number one reason I teach is for the positive impact I hope to have on my students. I was reminded of this while at a basketball practice for my husband's team. Three years ago I worked at the same school my husband does, so many of his basketball players are former students of mine.

My former students were reminiscing about the songs we sang in choir (many of which they still remember) and they started doing the cup game. I was amazed that they still remember these details after three years. The cup game was used during a scene in the movie 'Pitch Perfect' and my former students were reminded of me because they learned it during my class.

This interaction with these former students reminded me of how much impact teachers can have. I hope that my interactions are positive and that my former students remember me and music in general for positive reasons. How do you want students to remember you? How do students remember you?

No comments:

Post a Comment