Monday, June 17, 2013

What I Have Learned From a Month of Books and Podcasts

This summer I have committed myself to reading a book a day and to run a minimum of a mile everyday. Along with reading thirty-three books so far this summer, I have listened to numerous podcasts. This journey has lasted less then a month but I have already learned valuable lessons.

1. Create a detailed plan. Have goals and a plan to achieve each one. 

2. Spend time taking care of myself: reading, Bible Study and exercise.  Stress is created when my life is out of balance and I need to make sure I am taking care of my spiritual, emotional, physical (eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and exercising) and mental needs. 

3. Spend time cultivating and building strong relationships. Humans are social beings and life is more enjoyable when we can share our successes and sorrows with other people. 

4. Focus on things within my control. 

5. The mind is a powerful tool and I need to learn how to use it to the best of my ability. I need to include positive self talk and visualization into my daily life. 

6. Look ahead and practice today for the positions I want tomorrow. Dress and act like the person I want to be in the future.

7.  I do not need to be a master of everything, but I need to be very good at what I do well.  Focus on my strengths and make them stronger.  This includes my use of tools and skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment