Friday, June 14, 2013

iPad Apps

I am fortunate to work in a district that has a 1:1 initiative for Teacher iPads. This is my first year with an iPad, so I am slowly finding new ways to use it in my classroom. I use it a lot for record keeping, but I am trying to find ways for my students to use it more. I recently had Reflector App installed onto my computer, so I have been spending time searching for apps (free ones) that I can use to help teach or practice different concepts. Here is a list of my favorite apps.  This list is ever growing and I continue to find new ways to use my iPad in my classroom. 

1. Evernote: Great app for student assessments and organization. Students also record Recorder Karate Assessments on an iPad. 

2. Penultimate: I use this app to draw Rhythm Flashcards and vocal shapes for my students. 

3. Musician's Kit: I record songs/projects and we the audio clips on our online portfolios. 

4. Doo Dah:  Great pitch matching game. 

5. Recorder Free:  Great introduction and beginner games for recorder. Some of the games do not work well without a microphone, but it is still a good app. Allows my class to learn the same information without having to hear it all from me. 

6. Garage Band:  Great app for creating compositions and play alongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment