Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reading

Lately I have been reading a lot about how reading is so important and how successful people spend an exuberant amount of time reading. I am a self professed book worm, but I have realized that I need to be more intentional about my reading and I need to spend more time writing and reflecting about what I am reading. Through tweets and articles, these are the books currently on my reading list. I also teach a 4th grade reading group and they have suggested many books for me to read. I have also started listening to podcasts while I run. This allows me to exercise while also using this time to learn.

Currently Reading
-Never Work Harder then Your Students by Robyn R. Jackson
-Putting the Wow Into Your Teaching by Dr. John R. Egger
-How Children Succeed by Paul Tough

Reading List
-Global Achievement Gap by Dr. Tony Wagner
-Creating Innovators by Dr. Tony Wagner
-Classroom Habitudes by Angela Maiers
-Drive by Daniel Pink
-Flattening Classrooms by Vicki Davis
-Understanding Digital Generation by Ian Jukes
-What Great Teachers Do Differently by Todd Whitaker
-Teach Like a Pirate
-Dream Class
-Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
-Book Love
-The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon




No comments:

Post a Comment