Monday, June 17, 2013

Positive Communications

I used to believe that no news was good news and I lived many parts of my life under this philosophy, but recently I realized that I dislike when I only hear about things whey they are a problem.  If I don't like it, why I would I live by this philosophy?  I recently read an article that said research peoves that 5:1 praise/corrections is optimal for human growth and well being. One of my goals for next school year is to incorperate this philosophy into my classroom. I

 am also on a mission to make sure that my students, coworkers and parents know exactly what is going on in my classroom.  I want to be constantly sending out positive communication and feedback with those around me.  As a teacher and a person in general, there are many ways to do this.  Here are the ways I plan on incorperating positive communications in my classroom.

1. Keeping my classroom website up to date. 
2. Constantly adding new material to our online porfolios. 
3. Incorperating the use of sticker badges to remind students of skills and material they have mastered.
4. Handing out Rock Star Cards when students are showing outstanding behavior or growth. 
5. Creating a monthly classroom newsletter using Padlet that shows what we have done in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment