Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Student Objectives

In college, student "I can" statements were the big thing.  I remember thinking they were such a waste of time to organize as a student teacher.  Throughout my time in a classroom I have experimented with different ways of using a class schedule and objectives. I have tried writing a list of activities on the board, I have posted them on a presentation and I have gone weeks without posting anything.

I see my students for forty minutes two times a week and we do a variety of activities during that time.  I decided to try posted a weekly "I can" list for each grade level.  I don't always reference it, but my hope is that it will help focus my students and myself as we work through are lessons.  I will be posting our weekly "I can" statements each Monday.

Do you post anything?  

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment