Sunday, March 1, 2015

Doggie, Doggie

Song
Doggie Doggie where's my bone
Somebody took it from my home

Who took my bone?
I took your bone

Concepts
Solo vs Group
Singing Voice Assessment

Procedure
I have my students sit in a circle and I choose one person to be the "Doggie."  That student sits in the middle of the circle and closes their eyes.  As we sing the song I choose one person to "steal the bone."  I hand them a small rhythm stick or another item that is our pretend dog bone.  The "doggie" sings the 'Who took my bone?' solos and the person who "stole" the bone sings the 'I took your bone' solo.  The "doggie" picks who they think 'stole' the bone.  This is a great game at the beginning of the year to help with listening and to help students recognize each other's voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment