Monday, March 9, 2015

Having a Goal

My baby sister is a senior in college and she is recently got back from a study abroad trip to Greece.  I know I am the big sister and I am supposed to be teaching her life lessons, but over the past year she has been a wonderful example of perseverance, dedication, focus and sacrifice.  I don't think she fully understands all of it now, but I hope there is a day soon when she can reflect and feel proud of what she has accomplished.  She has worked 2-3 jobs while going to school full-time in order to save for this trip.

Having a goal is great, but the more important thing is "what are you willing to do to achieve your goal?"  My sister wanted to go on a Study Abroad trip and she was willing to work 10+ hours a day, sacrifice time with family and friends, not take days off and spend a lot of time working and studying in order to achieve it.  I know there were days when she wondered if it was all worth it, but after seeing her pictures and hearing her stories from her trip, I think she is very glad that she sacrificed in the short term so that she could have this experience.

What are you willing to do to reach your goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment