Sunday, March 1, 2015

iDoceo

The ultimate goal for my classroom is that assessments will be snapshots of the learning journey and this information will be used as a guide to shape future activities.

I still struggle with the concept of grading participation. I know some students can sit their and still learn while others need to be actively involved. I have started "grading" participation with the intention of tracking behavior.  I only downgrade for misbehavior. I try to give my students the benefit of the doubt.  In my opinion, not participating is different than causing a distraction for the class.

I have started using the iPad App iDoceo and I absolutely love it!  This app allows me to take pictures of my students and use them for seating charts.  I am a visual person and this helps me remember names.  This app also allows me to customize grades, add notes to specific assignments, add notes to specific grades and to use images for grades, which is very helpful for quick assessments.

How do you keep track of student growth in your classroom? 

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment