Sunday, March 1, 2015

Music Trophy


This summer the art teacher shared a classroom management book with me.  "Classroom Management for Art, Music and PE Teachers" by Michael Linsin is filled with many ideas on how to setup a classroom management plan that takes in consideration all of the challenges that are specific for specials teachers.   


After reading it, I decided to partially change my classroom management plan.  The art teacher, librarian and I all decided to implement similar systems.  We hoped that this would provide consistency for students.  Each class can earn four classes per day: 1-walking in quietly, 2-lining up quietly, 3-working hard and 4-listening.  Once a class earns 30 points, they earn the music trophy to display in their class until the next class earns the trophy.

I give points based on the majority of students behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment