Sunday, December 17, 2017

What Are Your Strengths?

What are your strengths? 
What are you good at? 
How can you help move your classroom/school/district/company forward? 
What values/ideas do you hold dear?
What do you bring to an organization/school?

Many different conversations and thoughts have led to these reflections and it is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. What do I bring to a school? What are my strengths? What am I good at? What can I do? What is my philosophy? What is my mission? I don't mean any of these questions to be interview questions. They are intended to be reflections. They are not statements to make me look good or boxes checked on LinkedIn to make me look impressive. These questions are about soul searching. If we are not intentional, we will discover we have been moving the wrong direction and working towards the wrong thing. 

Sometimes during our careers we need to simply have a job. We need to pay our bills. Other times we need to take on positions because our organization needs us to. I have had to do both of these during my career. I look forward to being in a position where I can help move something forward and I can use my strengths for the betterment of the school. 

Anyone can "babysit" kids for a class period and keep them occupied, but what are you bringing to the classroom that will positively impact your students and your school?


No comments:

Post a Comment