Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 272: Advice

Daily Blog Challenge Day 272/365

The last week of school I decided to ask each of my classes for help.  I asked them what they liked about music this year, what they liked about the classroom, what I should keep the same and what I should change.  Some classes jumped on board with the discussion more than others, but regardless, I was left with many great ideas.  It reminded me the importance of asking my students for their input.  At the end of the day, it is their education/ their classroom and it is important that they see value and enjoy the experience.

Not all of their ideas will work because of the logistics of the classroom or the class itself, but it was a great learning experience and they provided me with valuable information.  They think "out side of the box" much better than I do at times.  Sometimes I get caught up in all the problems that I don't think of the simple solutions.  My students on the other hand, see things in a simple light.

Next year, I would like to have my students review lessons/activities and songs throughout the year.  This will allow me to make them better.

How do you include input from your students?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment