Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 265: Lessons From My Parents

Daily Blog Challenge Day 265/365

May and June are filled with reminders of how important parents are and all of the lessons children learn from them.  I have been blessed with two amazing parents and as I prepare to be a parent myself, I am reminded of all the lessons they taught me and that they continue to teach me.

-Support and encourage your children, but require them to solve problems that are within their responsibility and ability level.

-Spend 1:1 time with your children.

-Be the emotionally mature one when your child is in an emotional state.

-Be willing to listen.

-Be supportive, but realistic.

-Letting your child experience disappointment does not make you a bad parent.

-Failure is a necessary part of life.

-Help, but do not do work that your child can do for themselves.

-Be a positive role model: Christian Living, a positive marriage and a strong work ethic.

Thank you mom and dad for being great parents.  You have both been great role models and I hope I am able to copy many of your skills as a parent.

What are the main lessons your learned from your mom or dad?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment