Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Creating Magic


There have been a lot of articles and Tweets about stepping outside your comfort zone.  As I have been working on ideas for this upcoming school year, I realized that my comfort zone was preventing me from trying new ideas.  This is probably going to sound odd, but I do not like public speaking.  I am fine with my students in my classroom, but outside of this area, I get very nervous.  Due to this, I did not do a lot of parent communicating (unless it was forced).  This is one area I am focusing on this year.  I have created a Grade Level Syllabus and I am going to continue to update my Class Website and Digital Portfolios.  My hope is to give parents many platforms to see what is going on within their child's music class.  We all know that true growth and magic happen when we are outside our comfort zone.  

What are you doing this school year to step outside of your comfort zone?  What are you doing this school year to help your students step outside of their comfort zone?  I would love to hear about the new things you are trying in your classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment