Thursday, July 18, 2013

Song of the Month

During my Elementary PDS Program, my cooperating teacher did a song of the month.  Her rational, was that it allowed all students to have a song each month that they could sing together.  This allowed siblings, cousins and friends to be able to sing a song together outside of school.  I liked this idea and it is one that I have incorporated into my classroom almost every year.  I try to pick a variety of songs and sometimes they align with individual grade projects.  I also try to pick seasonal songs.  
Note: For this school year I still need to pick a song for August and December.  The December song will be the all school song from our Christmas Program.

2012-2013

AugustApple Tree
SeptemberMichael Finnegan
OctoberHalloween Song
NovemberOver the River
DecemberFrosty
JanuaryDown by the Bay
FebruaryAre you sleeping?
MarchDing Dong
AprilDo Your Ears Hang Low
MayCamp Grenada
2013-2014
AugustSoft kitty Warm kitty
SeptemberMiss Mary Mack
OctoberSkin and Bones
November
December
JanuaryLittle Miss Sally Walker
FebruarySwing Low
MarchAn Easter Basket 
AprilOn Top of Spaghetti
MayI'm A Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment