Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 331: Innovation Day (Music Appreciation)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 331/365

Material Monday

This year I am teaching a music appreciation class.  I have two sections of seventh grade and two sections of eighth grade.  I see each section every other day for one quarter.  I only have eight weeks of class, but one activity that I want to do for 2-3 class periods is Innovation Day.  My tentative plan is that this will be how we end the quarter.

My plan is to give my students 2-3 class periods to explore anything related to music.  The guidelines are that it has to be school appropriate and they have to be able to show what they worked on.  I have done Innovation Day with my fourth graders for the last two years and it has been a great experience.  I am nervous to try it with middle school students, but I am also excited to see what projects they will come up with.

Do you do innovation day?  How do you set it up in your classroom?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment