Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 330: Learning

Daily Blog Challenge Day 330/365

I just stated reading the book "Mindset" by Dweck and one of my favorite messages so far is "do you want to learn or do you want to prove you are right?"

One of the things I like about Twitter is that it allows me to learn and it connects me to many other people who want to learn. Not being face to face makes it easier for me to admit that I am wrong or that I don't have all the answers.  Twitter has become a safe place for me to learn because I know I am surround by people that want to help and will not openly judge me (not being able to see eye rolls or body language helps.)

Imagine the level of success we could all reach if we looked at everything as an opportunity to learn and grow? What if we were always looking for things to learn and ways to make ourselves better?

Having the mindset that I am always going to learn is a challenge.  My ego gets in the way and sometimes I just want to be right.  I want to be smart enough and good enough.  Being willing to learn is less stressful than always having to be right though. Being willing to learn allows me to go into a situation with a clear mind and with a focus that I am going to leave a better/stronger/smarter person.  

Do you make decisions based on your ability to be right or on your ability to learn and make yourself better?

Learn  from each moment and be a better person tomorrow than you were today.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment