Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 321: Blessed

Daily Blog Challenge Day 321/365

I recently read an article about how Christians should stop saying they are blessed and I agree with many of the points the author made. In this post, I am referring to blessings as the wonderful nuggets that make up my life.

I am writing this post using my phone because my daughter is taking on my chest. This is one of my favorite moments as a new mom and it reminds me of how blessed I am.

Regardless of the many frustrations I experience,  my life is full of many wonders as well.
What actions or words remind you of the wonders that fill your life?  It is so easy to miss them if we do not take the time to slow down and enjoy life.

Our students are bombarded with tests and reminders of how good or bad they are at certain skills. How can we as teachers help them see the blessings in their own life? How can we help them understand their life has positives and meaning even if it seems chaotic and messy?

I believe we can all find blessings somewhere (I realize this is easy for me to say as I live in the United States, have a house, clean water and live in safety), but I do believe there is always something that is good. Once we find the blessings in our life, how can we help others find the blessings in their life?

Do you feel blessed today?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment