Monday, January 21, 2013

Resources I Use....

I work in a district that has a 1:1 iPad initiative for all teachers. Along with an iPad, I use a school issued desktop and a large computer monitor. At the moment, I do not have a projector in my classroom.

These are not ranked in any specific order...

1. Google Drive (App)-This is one of my favorite apps. It allows me to share documents easily and I can work from my iPad both online and off.
2. YouTube-music for lessons and uploading class videos.
3. Class Dojo-It keeps track of behavior.
4. Twitter-Some of the best PD has come during chats I have had on Twitter with other teachers and other music teachers.
5. Google-My school district is a google district. Along with the basics of email and calendar, I use Google Sites for my class webpage. I also use Google Calendar for my lesson plans.
6. MusiciansKit-I use it mainly for the voice recorder, but having a tuner and metronome is always helpful.
7. iTunes-At the beginning of the year I burned all of my curriculum CDs to my school computer and from there I out them on my iPad. I created playlists by grade level. It takes away having to change CDs and is a lot more convenient. I have a basic stereo with audio in that. Plug my iPad or laptop into.
8. Virtuoso-Having a piano that I can play while sitting on the floor with my kids is extremely useful. Plus, my kids think it is very neat that I have a piano on my iPad.
9. The Drum Dictionary- I teach percussion lesions and this app makes it very easy to show my kids rudiments of other percussion beats. They can see and the specific rudiment or beat.
10. Melody Street- A great way to introduce you get kids to the parts of an orchestra.
11. Evernote-I was recently introduced to Evernote and I am slowly using it more and more. Right now, I am mainly using it to organize articles and lesson plan materials.
12. Skitch- The ability to write on pictures is a great way to make tutorials.
13. Penultimate- use this app as a white board.
14. Reflector App-Anything on my iPad can now be seen on my computer screen.


Apps that I would like to start using more of in my classroom.
1. Haiku Deck-I have made slides about instruments and composers. It is a great way to easily find pictures about topics we are studying.
2. Rhythm Flashcards-I can see this becoming an assessment tool. It is also a different way to do rhythm reading exercises.
3. Rhythm Training-I can see this becoming another great assessment tool. It gives rhythm exercises for you to clap.
4. ABRSM Music Apps-They have rhythm, pitch and ear training exercises. I could see this becoming an assessment tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment