Tuesday, January 15, 2013

At the End of the Day...

Today was one of those days that tries to shake my confidence as a teacher and I can't even name a specific reason. Its all the little things that mix together. This time of year is also a little stressful for specials teachers because the powers that be are trying to figure out our schedule, so we are often left in the dark about what/where we will be teaching next year.

I use the wall next to my desk as a place to put pictures students have given me. Over the course of this year, more and more pictures are covering that portion of the wall. This has become my positivity wall. It is a place where I can turn to when I have a "rough" day. It is a reminder of the positive things in my job.

At the end of the day, no matter how frustrated I get with the politics and the extra stuff of teaching, the only thing that matters and the thing that keeps me coming back each day and year are the kids. My positivity wall is a constant reminder of why I teach. The kids are what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment