Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Innovation Week Reflection

Both of my fourth grade classes participated in "Innovation Week." They could do anything they wanted as long as it was related to music. The only stipulation was that they had to be able to prove to me that they accomplished something. 

I was very nervous before this project because the idea of basically letting 25 students go loose in my room was a little nerve racking. My students completely impressed me. They worked on task and created great works, all with little or no help from me. It was all student driven. 

It was great to witness as a teacher, 25 kids working on different projects. This is a project I strongly encourage all music teachers to do. It was a great learning experience for me and my students. 

Projects Completed
-Drum Set piece
-Guitar piece
-Piano piece
-Piano variations on Twinkle Twinkle
-Recorder/Hand Drum ensemble
-Orff Ensemble
-Play (acting and script)

No comments:

Post a Comment