Monday, January 21, 2013

Class Dojo

I am piloting Class Dojo with my first grade classes. I am hoping that the extra positive reinforcement will be beneficial for them. I have decided to use only positive points and I have the points aligned to our class expectations. I am afraid that I will become to engrossed in tracking points that it will disrupt class, so I am curious to see how it goes. I explained to my students that not everything will be tracked and they will never know when I will write something down.

Class Expectations (based on the Love and Logic Philosophy)
1. I teach when there are no distractions or other problems.
2. I listen to students who raise their hand.
3. I listen to one person at a time.
4. Please treat me with the same respect that I treat you.
5. If someone causes a problem, I will do something
6. What I do, will depend on what happened and what the person is willing to do so solve the problem.

Expectations that earn points.
1. Participation
2. Raising your hand
3. Sitting respectfully
4. Talking in turn

My hope is the points will encourage my students to act the right way and will be a sign that I do notice how they act. I am curious to see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment