Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Innovation Week

Innovation Week
Let me start by saying this is not something I came up with. I heard about this idea during an in-service at the beginning of this school year.

During Innovation Week, the fourth graders get to pick anything musical they are interested in and they get to focus on that for two music days. Before the project started, I gave the 4th graders the planning sheet and they had to pick what project to focus on. The only rule is they have to prove to me at the end of the two days that they learned something. They can show this by writing a song/piece, playing an instrument, writing a play/musical. The possibilities are endless.  I created a rubric because I was anticipating problems, but I had no behavior issues what so ever.  The students were totally engaged and excited about what they were working on.


Innovation Week Planning Sheet
Innovation Week Grading Rubric

No comments:

Post a Comment