Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reflection on This Year

I have always been the type of person who dwells on the negatives and being a teacher often gives me many negatives to think about. Upon reflection, I was reminded of all the amazing things my students and I have accomplished this year. I am constantly striving to improve myself as a teacher and a person. It is Important to realize areas that need improvement, but I also need to celebrate the victories.  I tend to dwell on the negative while forgetting the positives. This reflection has helped me remember all the victories.

Victories this Year
1. My students put on a wonderful Christmas Musical. 
2. My 5th/6th Grade Choirs gained members second semester. 
3. Both 5th/6th and 7th/8th grade choirs improved. 
4. Students in kindergarten thru fourth grade enjoy and look forward to music class. 
5. Technology has been incorporated into music: class badges, class dojo, garage band and many other iPad apps.
6. Class Website is setup and maintained. 
7. Grade level electronic portfolios have been created (videos, pictures and audio samples). 
8. Each student has a paper portfolio. 
9. In the process of rewriting K-4 Curriculum
10. Moving towards Standards Based Grading
11. Transitioned classroom to a Love and Logic Model

Improvements I Need to Make
1. Setup means to communicate with parents better (website awareness and email). 
2. Be more proactive. 
3. Stay on top of grading

What accomplishments are you most proud of this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment