Thursday, April 25, 2013

Everynote as an Assessment Tool

Two of my coworkers attended a conference on using technology in the classroom. One of the ideas they shared with me was on using Evernote as an assessment tool. At fist, I wrote this idea off and did not think it would be useful in my classroom, but I have sense changed my mind. 

I have been using Evernote for Recorder Karate Belt testing and have had great success. Finding time to test students on recorder pieces one on one has always been a struggle. Using Evernote allows me to test one student while another student records their performance into Evernote using my district assigned iPad. I still have to find time to listen to their recordings, but it allows us to get more done during class. I demonstrated with a few students which button to push and how to record (I have them say their name and the name of the piece before they perform). The students I taught have now taught other students how to use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment